Sunday, June 14, 2009

Retail Needs Bill Hodges (owner of Krispy Kreme)

When Bill Hodges opened his retail shop for Krispy Kreme, he sought accounting advice. Start-ups can be a nightmare. The forms,identification numbers, licenses, employment procedures...
There's more to accounting than adding up some numbers at year-end. For Breazeale, Kiser, Hoyle & Lawing, PA, this was a real treat. Hodges knew he wanted to take care of the dough in the oven, and wanted someone else to take care of the dough in the cash register. When he faced family health complications at home, the need for financial concerns was even more important.
Breazeale, Kiser, Hoyle & Lawing, PA handled every detail including payroll services, employment reports, federal and state reports, and the maze of forms including 940s, 941s, W-2s, 1099s.
Sound financial counsel from Breazeale, Kiser, Hoyle & Lawing, PA supports a variety of retail and professional business- day-to-day, month-to-month, or year-to-year.
Whether proprietorship, partnership, or corporation, business requires direction. For some it's every payroll, for others it's an annual audit.
Whatever accounting needs are required. Breazeale, Kiser, Hoyle & Lawing, PA makes sure you're left with a pleasant taste. A baker's dozen is great at the doughnut shop, but not in IRS offices.

"I was nervous enough about starting my own store. As I jumped in, I realized just how complicated the accounting reports could be. I knew right away that I didn't want to be involved in that area, and I definitely didn't have the background for a start-up business. I knew my products, and I wanted accountants who knew the financials, with a genuine interest in a new venture. Alan (Breazeale) and Bryson (Kiser) come over for a doughnut, but they don't cook; I go over to their offices for reports, but I don't do the arithmetic. That makes a good arrangement: we both look after the dough." -Bill Hodges, owner of Krispy Kreme, Hickory, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment